We have been advising clients in relation to superannuation and SMSF for more than 20 years.
We can help you with:
- Determining whether SMSF is right for you
- Setting up your SMSF
- Running your SMSF
- Super contribution strategies
- Pension strategy
- Financial accounts, tax returns and audit.
And if SMSF is not the right choice for you we can help with strategy and advice for your non-SMSF superannuation.
Super is hands-down the most tax-effective, wealth-creation structure available. We have seen many people, just like you, set themselves up beautifully using effective super strategies. We also know that many people are wary of super. So let’s consider the benefits:-
- Low Income Tax Rates. The standard superannuation income tax rate is half the company tax rate and less than a third of the maximum individual tax rate
- These low rates can be accessed on earnings within super or by effective contributions strategies and salary sacrifice
- Low Capital Gains Tax Rates. Again between 33% and 50% of other entities
- The higher your balance in super the more of your wealth is being taxed at these low levels
- When the superfund starts paying a pension the income tax and capital gains tax rates become 0%
- Although many view the restrictions on access as a negative it can actually create some great benefits like asset protection and structured saving
Why Self-Managed Super (SMSF)?
Although everyone can benefit from effective superannuation strategies, SMSF is not the answer for everyone. SMSF is great if:-
- You are seeking control of your own superannuation. We know that some people don’t like the idea of the banks or large fund managers controlling their super. We know some of our clients are reluctant to make large super contributions despite the great tax benefits when they are not in control
- You might want to invest in assets that can’t be purchased in retail/industry funds, such as
- Residential property
- Commercial property
- You might want to borrow to purchase property (be careful this has to be done right)
- You might want to purchase a property to run your business from
- You might be a keen investor who wants to manage your own investments
What if SMSF isn’t for me?
We have seen and heard many stories of SMSFs being set up that weren’t really the most effective strategy and probably shouldn’t have been created at all. We don’t want you to end up with an SMSF if it isn’t the right choice for you.
Come in and meet with us to determine whether SMSF might be right for you. If it isn’t we can find a strategy that works for you. Contact us today.