We have seen many people, just like you, set themselves up beautifully using effective super strategies. We also know that many people are wary of super.
Why a self-managed super fund (SMSF)?
Although everyone can benefit from effective superannuation strategies, an SMSF is not the answer for everyone.
An SMSF is great if:
- You are seeking control of your own superannuation. We know that some people don’t like the idea of the banks or large fund managers controlling their super. We know some of our clients are reluctant to make large super contributions despite the great tax benefits when they are not in control
- You want to invest in assets that can’t be purchased in retail/industry funds, such as
- Residential property
- Commercial property
- You want to borrow to purchase property (be careful: this has to be done right)
- You want to purchase a property to run your business from
- You are a keen investor who wants to manage your own investments
What if SMSF isn’t for me?
We have seen and heard many stories of SMSFs being set up that weren’t really the most effective strategy and probably shouldn’t have been created at all.
We don’t want you to end up with an SMSF if it isn’t the right choice for you, which is why offer transparent, honest advice. And if an SMSF is not the right choice for you, we can help with strategy and advice for your non-SMSF superannuation.
We can help you with:
- Determining whether an SMSF is right for you
- Setting up your SMSF
- Super contribution strategies
- Pension strategy
Come in and meet with us to determine whether SMSF might be right for you. If it isn’t we can find a strategy that works for you. Contact us today.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation or needs.
PRS Partners Pty Ltd (ASIC no. 1241386) ABN 90 910 511 682 is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd ABN 89 125 557 002, Australian Financial Services Licence Number 409361.
Paul Stoddart (ASIC No. 1242549), Reina Patel (ASIC No. 1269578), Kate Bell (ASIC No. 1269671), Trent Trinity (ASIC No. 1269738) and Nathan Durrant (ASIC No. 1269670) are Authorised Representative of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd ABN 89 125 557 002, Australian Financial Services Licence Number 409361.